When we talk about primary video terms A-B rolls are the ones to the top. In past A Roll was used as original footage while B-Roll was meant to create alteration between shots. With modern editing tools these terms are used to covey different meanings.
Take A roll as a media that tells story and it is used as a driving media in most of documentaries, news broadcast, talk shows and reality shows. But the problem with A roll media is that it is a footage of usually people talking so there are often fumbled lines, coughing, sniffs and that’s where B roll comes in.
B roll is a supplemental footage used to support A roll and can also be used as a cutaway which give editor the opportunity to remove parts of A roll undetected. Using editing Software A-B rolls can be mixed and merged to tell much more winning story.
Want to join The Best Audio/Video Production courses in India?
Then choose Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth’s:
- BA in Professional Video Production(3 Years)
- Advance Diploma in Video Production ( I Year)
- BA in Professional Audio Production (3 Years)
- Advance Diploma in Music Production( I Year)
- Advance Diploma in Sound Recording Technology( I Year)
Certifications Included: BA in Professional Audio Production (3 Years)
- Avid Certified User: Pro Tools
- Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music or Post
- Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | Music or Post
- Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6
- Avid Certified Support Representative: Pro Tool
Certifications Included: BA in Professional Video Production (3 Years)
- Avid Certified User: Media Composer
- Avid Certified Professional: Media Composer
Training on the entire curriculum of Avid Media Composer, access to world-class production and post-production studio with cutting edge technology equipment and 100% placement assistance